Sunday 23 February 2014

Snaps from the RHS show

An outstanding display of reticulata irises from Jacques Amand in the front of the hall at the RHS flower show last Friday, covering both old and new cultivars. Friday is a first for me in my RHS show-going career, but there was certainly a large turn-out later in the day.


Avon Bulbs' snowdrops were the centre of attraction for the many assembled galanthophiles.

Galanthus 'Excelsis' exhibited by Avon Bulbs.

A vibrant display from Broadleigh Gardens covering the whole range of early bulbs.

Rapture

A display of sweet violets was charming - and I don't recall seeing such a stand at the February show before.

Viola 'Pink Czar'

The sumptuous foliage and flowers of Impatiens morsei on Dibleys' stand.

In the Woody Plant Committee meeting we were shown a range of the best new introductions of Hamamelis by Chris Lane - a wonderful assortment, greatly enhancing the options available.

Edgeworthia chrysantha 'Grandiflora' from Exbury, passed round in the meeting: it is strongly and not pleasantly scented. 

5 comments:

  1. How lovely, especially the violets, wish we had such a show in Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos gladden the heart! I'm loving the pink viola.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, magical photos...what an event, such an exquisite detail and plant combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. I wish I could have gone!
    I'm new to this blog so I'd also like to thank you for your detailed list of blogs, websites and garden centres in the sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially loved seeing the pots of violas ~ what an underrated yet down to earth plant of great appeal !

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.